Picture of What's your top tip for doing well at interview?

What's your top tip for doing well at interview?

Best discussions & stories
Picture of Phil
Picture of Shane
4 responses

Anonymous asked a question to Boglarka B.

Category: Interview Tips

Date asked: Wednesday, January 19, 2022

Last reviewed: Tuesday, July 16, 2024

Picture of Phil C.

Phil C.

Head of Recruitment Marketing & Engagement

It's all about the preparation! Do your research about the job you're applying for, take a look at the job description and put together some examples of your experience that you think would match. I'd also recommend looking up Putting Passengers First and our safety vision of Everyone Home Safe Every Day. And lastly think about why you're applying as your motivations are really key! Once you're prepared you'll feel more relaxed going into the interview. Good luck!

Monday, January 24, 2022

Picture of Shane A.

Shane A.

Railway Operations Management

Do your research and have good knowledge of the business. When answering, utilise the STAR technique (S - situation, T - task, A - action that YOU took, R - result achieved).

Tuesday, November 28, 2023

Picture of Spencer B.

Spencer B.

Business

Make sure you understand the question being asked in the interview before you answer. An interviewer wants you to have to best chance to succeed so they will be more than happy to repeat the question if you ask. :) Good Luck !

Wednesday, February 21, 2024

Picture of Emily B.

Emily B.

Lead Portfolio Manager

For me, its about at the end of the interview asking questions of the interviewers. An interview can be a two way conversation, you could ask questions like 'What is the size of the team that I would be joining?', 'What is the scope of the role and could you give me a run down of what the day to day might look like' etc. These questions will allow you to see if you want to work in that team and also allow you to show that you have done research by asking relevant questions.

Tuesday, July 16, 2024

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?