Picture of What is the recruiting process like ?

What is the recruiting process like ?

Picture of Greg
7 responses

Max W. asked during the live chat Find out about our Level 3 Apprenticeship Schemes! to Network Rail

Category: Application process

Date asked: Wednesday, February 9, 2022

Last reviewed: Wednesday, February 9, 2022

Picture of Greg I.

Greg I.

Apprentice

For me it would've been different to others as i applied during covid, but it can be quiet long, first stage i had to answer questions that came up on a screen which involves using team work skills and problem solving skills, then next stage is a zoom meeting with a network rail rep. this is where typical interview questions will be asked. hope this helps

Wednesday, February 9, 2022

Max W.

Yes thanks it’s very helpful that.

Picture of Greg I.

Greg I.

Apprentice

No worries

Picture of James A.

James A.

Apprentice

I was pre-Covid and the process was that of a typical job. There is one day where they invite you down with other applicants and you carry out a tests and answering questions. This is mainly for network rail to help you decide if there is a discipline suited to you

Picture of Katie B.

Katie B.

S&T Level 3 apprentice

I cant say what it would be like now, as I applied pre covid, back in 2018. For me, there was some online questions, then I went for an in person interview and this involved 1-2-1 and group interviews to see how you are alone and how you work with others

Jake J.

Ok thanks

Picture of Amarvir M.

Amarvir M.

Talent Acquistion Manager

Hi Max, Just to add to Greg's point. this year the process is a 4 step process Step 1 - submit your applications with some basic information about you Step 2 - You will have to complete some online tests. this is a multiple-choice quiz. Step 3 - you will be given an exercise to complete. This will be a scenario in which you have to record your response back via video Step 4 - is our assessment centre - which will likely be virtual this year

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?