Picture of Are there any specific things we can do to increase our chances of getting an apprenticeship

Are there any specific things we can do to increase our chances of getting an apprenticeship

Picture of Joe
10 responses

Harvey J. asked during the live chat Find out about our Level 3 Apprenticeship Schemes! to Network Rail

Category: Open positions

Date asked: Wednesday, February 9, 2022

Last reviewed: Wednesday, February 9, 2022

Harvey J.

Are there any specifics things we can do to increase our chances of getting an apprenticeship

Wednesday, February 9, 2022

Picture of Joe B.

Joe B.

Apprentice

The most important things Network Rail look for are enthusiasm and willingness to learn! Everything else can be taught.

Harvey J.

Thank you Also is there anything specific I should know when applying for apprenticeships

Picture of Maisie M.

Maisie M.

Level Crossing Manager

I'd say if you have any experience in customer driven environments, such as retail, to discuss that!

Harvey J.

I've worked in hospitality would that contribute?

Picture of Phil C.

Phil C.

Head of Recruitment Marketing & Engagement

Hi Harvey - definitely! We're looking for transferrable skills so is just about you showing how what you've learnt in hospitality could benefit you in the apprenticeship e.g. customer focus, safety, delivering on time etc.

Harvey J.

How long does it take on average for someone to respond to an application?

Picture of Maisie M.

Maisie M.

Level Crossing Manager

My application process took quite a while due to the volume of applicants, so don't be disheartened if you haven't heard anything within 4 weeks or so.

Jake J.

That's great then i have worked in retail well i was completing my level 3 at college i will be sure to bring that up

Picture of Maisie M.

Maisie M.

Level Crossing Manager

Good luck!

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?