Picture of How is a working day structured

How is a working day structured

Picture of Katie
Picture of James
4 responses

Additional information

For the apprenticeship is it like college classroom work or do you attend lectures and do theoretical work from living quarters?

George W. asked during the live chat Find out about our Level 3 Apprenticeship Schemes! to Network Rail

Category: Day to Day

Date asked: Wednesday, February 9, 2022

Last reviewed: Wednesday, February 9, 2022

Picture of Katie B.

Katie B.

S&T Level 3 apprentice

Hi George, I cant say for certain how things will run at the moment, however in a normal scenario, you would spend 6 months at the training facility in Coventry, the living spaces are nice, like a hotel room with en-suit bathroom. there is a restaurant area and leisure centre with gym, pool and a bar. As for training, its kind of like school days where you will be given a plan of what lessons you will have that day/week from 8am- 4pm sometimes 5pm. I know at the moment, some classes are being completed remotely via teams but teams may not be used in the new intake when restrictions have been removed. after those 6 months in Coventry, you join the depot where you will be given on the job training and need to complete assignments relating to tasks you do regularly,

Wednesday, February 9, 2022

Picture of James A.

James A.

Apprentice

So there is a 6 month residential training/college facility in Coventry called Westwood, I don't know if they're still using that...but it was a great experience, you have classroom style lessons which have are mostly based on the discipline you choose. Then after that you're allocated to a Depot and work there.

Picture of James A.

James A.

Apprentice

For more detail, read what Katie just said...

Picture of George W.

George W.

Thank you that helps with knowing what to expect

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?