Picture of When applying for the apprenticeship do I have to choose a specific discipline or does the course cover a variety?

When applying for the apprenticeship do I have to choose a specific discipline or does the course cover a variety?

Picture of James
Picture of Maisie
3 responses

Kayleigh M. asked during the live chat Find out about our Level 3 Apprenticeship Schemes! to Network Rail

Category: Apprenticeships

Date asked: Wednesday, February 9, 2022

Last reviewed: Wednesday, February 9, 2022

Picture of James A.

James A.

Apprentice

During the application process, you can be specific about that discipline you want to do. The website gives you an overall look into the lives of the different disciplines. I choose Signalling & Telecommunications and I love it !

Wednesday, February 9, 2022

Picture of Maisie M.

Maisie M.

Level Crossing Manager

You would initially be selected for a chosen discipline, but this is fluid. I was chosen to follow the 'track' route and was based in P-way, but transferred over the technical team during my time as an apprentice.

Picture of James A.

James A.

Apprentice

When at Coventry, most of you work will be based in your discipline. For example, some of the stuff track apprentices did joining and welding (I think), and we S&T learnt more specific skills like learning how to wire certain items

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?