Picture of What is your relationship like with your colleagues and team?

What is your relationship like with your colleagues and team?

Picture of Emma
Picture of Joyce
2 responses

Anonymous asked a question to Joyce B.

Category: Experience

Date asked: Tuesday, November 1, 2022

Last reviewed: Wednesday, February 22, 2023

Picture of Emma R.

Emma R.

Senior Communications Manager

Hi Joyce, thanks for the question. I have a great relationship with my team. We've been together now for about 16 months and when we first met we spoke about the values that are important to us and how we want to behave as a team. This established common ground and helped us understand one another. Everyone has different strengths and we spend time understanding what these were. We also completed a 'manual of me' so we could get to know more about each other. We have regular meetings and we are always ready to support one another. It's a great team that I am proud to be part of.

Tuesday, December 20, 2022

Picture of Joyce B.

Joyce B.

Track Maintenance Apprentice

Hi, I have a really good relationship with my colleagues which can be surprising to some as I'm the only female engineer at my depot. We all look out for each other at depot and on track, as an apprentice it's important to make the most of the extensive amount of experienced co- workers I have around me. From supervisor to operatives there's something to learn from everyone and with every shift we learn a lot about each other and colleagues are able to trust me to lead jobs under their supervision as well as mentor me. We're all great individuals and an even better team its not always serious there's a great bit of banter and that helps with getting along with everyone else

Wednesday, February 22, 2023

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?