Picture of Hi, I am Sadie, pleased to meet you. Can I ask how long the application process will take?

Hi, I am Sadie, pleased to meet you. Can I ask how long the application process will take?

Picture of Chris
39 responses

Additional information

Hi, Chris, is this a Q & A session or is there a presentation?

Start new discussionBrowse other categories

SADIE K. asked during the live chat Network Rail Shared Services Apprenticeship - Learn more about the scheme and Shared Services to Network Rail

Category: Application process

Date asked: Thursday, February 22, 2024

Last reviewed: Thursday, February 22, 2024

Picture of Chris M.

Chris M.

HR Administration & Operations Manager

Thanks for the question Sadie and lovely to meet you. I know Maria will be able to provide you with an overview of the application process and what you should expect.

Thursday, February 22, 2024

SADIE K.

Thank you Chris

SADIE K.

What are we expected to wear?

Maria G.

Hi Sadie, thank you for your question. I'm the Recruitment Manager at The Apprentice Academy and we work in partnership with Network Rail to support them in recruiting apprentices for their Shared Services Team. The application process is quite simple. The Network Rail vacancies are advertised on www.gov.uk on their Find an Apprenticeship page, so if you have created an account on there, which is very easy to do, you can apply on this site. Alternatively, you can email my team [email protected] providing us with your email address and contact number and we will then contact you to fully explain the registration process to progress your interest.

SADIE K.

Many thanks Maria, I have completed all of these steps.

Maria G.

In response to Lulu K's query, apprentices have to be given a minimum of 6 hours per week protected time for learning/study

Maria G.

That's good to hear Sadie, I'm aware of your application :)

Picture of Chris M.

Chris M.

HR Administration & Operations Manager

Regarding your question on workwear Sadie, on back of the pandemic, we've taken a more relaxed approach to work attire meaning you're not expected to come in formal workwear. A more casual approach is acceptable although we don't allow for football/rugby shirts or anything with offensive slogans on.

SADIE K.

Thank you Chris

Maria G.

In response to A Omowumi, as apprenticeships are funded through a Government Department, The Education and Skills Funding Agency, we do have to confirm that all applicants meet certain eligibility criteria. It can be quite complex to explain in brief, however, we do discuss this with each applicant individually once we have their details

Maria G.

In response to Joseph R, the characteristics we hope to find in our apprentices are really the same qualities/skills that I would expect the majority of employers want from their staff which are punctuality, reliability, motivation, enthusiasm, commitment to training/development and a positive "can do" attitude

SADIE K.

Will there be opportunities to see how different departments work and collaborate?

Did you find this discussion helpful?