Picture of Hi. How many apprentices are taken on after the apprenticeship ends?

Hi. How many apprentices are taken on after the apprenticeship ends?

Picture of Chris
5 responses
Start new discussionBrowse other categories

Fraser C. asked during the live chat Network Rail Shared Services Apprenticeship - Learn more about the scheme and Shared Services to Network Rail

Category: Role Description

Date asked: Thursday, February 22, 2024

Last reviewed: Thursday, February 22, 2024

Picture of Chris M.

Chris M.

HR Administration & Operations Manager

Great question, thanks Fraser! This will depend on several factors including whether the individual themselves pass the apprenticeship and if they wish to remain in Shared Services or move onto a different part of Network Rail. Whilst the apprenticeship is initially a fixed term contract, steps are always taken to provide opportunities at the end for those wishing to move into a permanent role. I know Brad has shared in a previous discussion, he left the scheme in 2021 and since then, has worked across 2-3 roles, enabling him to get an even more rounded view of the inner workings of Shared Services. I've also had individuals who've passed of their scheme, join a team in my area initially before moving onto a different part of NR. The key thing to note is there will be opportunities, it's just a case of what's most interesting to you.

Thursday, February 22, 2024

Fraser C.

Thanks Chris. That’s great to hear! Looking forward to hopefully be part of shared services when I finish school!

Picture of Hamidur R.

Hamidur R.

Resourcing Business Partner

Thanks Fraser Great to hear :)

Picture of Chris M.

Chris M.

HR Administration & Operations Manager

Thanks Fraser, echo Hamid's message...great to hear!

Picture of Bev M.

Bev M.

Data Changes Team Manager

Hi Fraser great question! I have had the pleasure of supporting 4 Apprentices over the last 4 years and all but one have secured a permanent role in my team. Set your sights high and you can achieve anything you want to!

Did you find this discussion helpful?