Picture of Hi, thank you for inviting me to this event. I would like to know how many days I will have to put aside to study?

Hi, thank you for inviting me to this event. I would like to know how many days I will have to put aside to study?

Picture of Spencer
50 responses
Start new discussionBrowse other categories

Lulu K. asked during the live chat Network Rail Shared Services Apprenticeship - Learn more about the scheme and Shared Services to Network Rail

Category: Events

Date asked: Thursday, February 22, 2024

Last reviewed: Thursday, February 22, 2024

Picture of Spencer B.

Spencer B.

Business

Hi! So apprentices are given one day a week to use as a study day. It's a full day where you do not do any work for the business, just focus on your apprentice work set by your coach. :)

Thursday, February 22, 2024

Lulu K.

Hi it’s Lulu, when does The apprenticeship start ?

Picture of Elysia B.

Elysia B.

Service Excellence Team Manager

Hi, the apprenticeship itself will start in September and will be a 16 month apprenticeship. I hope this helps :)

Lulu K.

Thank you

Lulu K.

What are the benefits for working at network rail ?

Picture of Bev M.

Bev M.

Data Changes Team Manager

There are many benefits to working at Network Rail. You would be working for a large organisation that serves the public. Benefits include subsidised travel, 28 days paid annual leave, the opportunity to work with people who are dedicated to the job and who can support you with your development and training. Its a great place to work!

Lulu K.

Sounds amazing. Could you enlighten me to the recruitment process and the steps I will go through?

Picture of Hamidur R.

Hamidur R.

Resourcing Business Partner

Thanks for the question Lulu and lovely to meet you. I know Maria will be able to provide you with an overview of the application process and what you should expect.

Telsia T.

Is there any chance you would be taking on earlier as i have already left school?

Lulu K.

If I am successful could you tell me about the future opportunities with Network Rail?

Picture of Chris M.

Chris M.

HR Administration & Operations Manager

The start date for this years intake is September, owing to the recruitment and selection process plus also factoring in the academic year, the scheme wouldn't start earlier than this I'm afraid

Picture of Bev M.

Bev M.

Data Changes Team Manager

Hi Lulu, opportunities are always available. Within my team I have had the pleasure of 4 apprentices over the last 4 years and all but one secured a permanent position within my team and the other in another part of Network Rail. Our Apprentices over the last few years have proved to be real success stories! Hope this helps.

Did you find this discussion helpful?