Picture of What skills do you most value among your colleagues?

What skills do you most value among your colleagues?

Best discussions & stories
Picture of Cameron
Picture of Joyce
2 responses

Anonymous asked a question to Engineering & maintenance

Category: Experience

Date asked: Tuesday, February 1, 2022

Last reviewed: Tuesday, February 8, 2022

Picture of Cameron B.

Cameron B.

Section Supervisor-Track

Hi and thanks for your question. Having such a multi-skilled and diverse team means everyone has their own strengths and weaknesses and different opinions all of which I value as working as a team means we can get the job done correctly and safely. communication is key for me allowing everyone to have input and being able to agree on a solution. With the team all having different skills being a team player is essential knowing when and what to do allowing other members of the team to concentrate on other tasks.

Tuesday, February 8, 2022

Picture of Joyce B.

Joyce B.

Track Maintenance Apprentice

Great question, being on the railway means that safety and communication is always important. Checking in on each other and being aware of our surroundings and the job at hand. Apart from valuing what my colleagues have to say and them appreciating my input. I personally value the skill of being able to build trust, we've all been through different walks of life and gained loads of different experiences, whether this is your first job or you've been here a long time, everyone is there to support each other whether they succeed or if things don't go to plan. You feel comfortable enough to correct yourself, speak up, ask questions and get involved :)

Tuesday, February 8, 2022

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?