Picture of Hi Rowena! Trust you're well. I'd like to inquire about working opportunities at Network Rail.

Hi Rowena! Trust you're well. I'd like to inquire about working opportunities at Network Rail.

Picture of Rowena
1 response

Additional information

I'm an international student at University of East London with a Chartered Engineering degree in view in Mechatronics and Computer System Engineering. I've eight years experience as an automotive engineer and project manager. I'm looking to explore further, other sector of the transportation industry. Kind regards, Uthman 07341638130

Uthman A. asked a question to Rowena F.

Category: Open positions

Date asked: Monday, June 12, 2023

Last reviewed: Monday, June 19, 2023

Picture of Rowena F.

Rowena F.

Senior Business Improvement Manager

Hi, Network Rail is transforming and modernising, which means starting to use more technology and the data that is being captured. It is a challenging process to convert and connect some very old systems to new ones. We are also heading towards GBR 'Great British Railways', where we work more closely with the 'Train Operating Companies'. This should mean more accessibility between the technology and the information collected by trains and about the railway infrastructure. We are currently set up with Asset Management and Engineering, Capital Delivery, and Change and Improvement within Finance functions, which might be where you want to look, however the organisational structure is a little different in each of the five regions across the Nation.

Monday, June 19, 2023

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?