Picture of What does a typical day look like for a network rail apprentice?

What does a typical day look like for a network rail apprentice?

Picture of Greg
4 responses

Kaan C. asked during the live chat Find out about our Level 3 Apprenticeship Schemes! to Network Rail

Category: Day to Day

Date asked: Wednesday, February 9, 2022

Last reviewed: Wednesday, February 9, 2022

Picture of Greg I.

Greg I.

Apprentice

Hi Kaan, every day will be different but for the first year this is where all your assignments take place which are in depth which helps you to get a grasp of what you can expect when you get on track, you will also in your first year sit your pts which is your perosnal track safety which allows you to walk on track. practical training was for me the best part as you meet exciting new people and learn loads which you can apply in year two which will be all on track learning. hope this helps

Wednesday, February 9, 2022

Kaan C.

Thanks that's really helpful :)

Picture of Joyce B.

Joyce B.

Track Maintenance Apprentice

Hi Kaan, it varies from day to day, what discipline you work in and what team you’re with. I work on Track and was initially placed with our inspection team which consisted of : month of patrols in different areas, observing and assisting different types of inspections. Between your time getting on track, your assignments basically give you a good foundation knowledge on what you’ll be seeing and you’ll be more comfortable getting stuck in

Kaan C.

Thank you much appreciated :)

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?