Picture of Hello Scott, If you were an accessor what would you be looking for in a candidate in the MOM role as of today?

Hello Scott, If you were an accessor what would you be looking for in a candidate in the MOM role as of today?

Picture of Scott
1 response

Kenneth O. asked a question to Scott D.

Category: Open positions

Date asked: Tuesday, June 27, 2023

Last reviewed: Tuesday, June 27, 2023

Picture of Scott D.

Scott D.

Operational Incident Controller

Hi, What would I being looking for in a MOM role of today. 1. Cool under pressure. So if it was during an interview would be looking for person to be relaxed. 2. Ability to understand information in different formate’s and apply it quickly to a situation. If I was doing an interview would like to hear examples on instances similar. 3. Good interpersonal skills. While understanding nobody is everyone’s friend a person should have the ability to be professional at work. Again at interview examples of working with others in challenging environments. 4. And finally the ability to smile and have fun and be empathetic. There will be times when a person will need to reassure people. Nothing does that better than a charismatic character. At interview so examples demonstrating this would be good. The only other thing would be to demonstrate the ability to learn, never give up attitude, problem solving skills and maybe some railway knowledge. Well I hope that helps a bit.

Tuesday, June 27, 2023

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?